Authentic musical experiences through teaching and performance.
Drummer, world percussionist, educator, drum circle facilitator, and entrepreneur, Brendan Finnegan’s love of drumming has lead to a fulfilling life and successful career in music for over 10 years. Brendan is a graduate of the prestigious Berklee College of Music, has studied percussion in Africa and Brazil and has performed around the world as an orchestra member aboard cruise ships.
Brendan is endorsed by Toca Percussion and is a HealthRHYTHMS trained facilitator. He is founder of “Life with Rhythm” drum circles and works extensively with special needs adults, seniors and corporate groups.
In 2012 Brendan’s “Drumming and the Mind” program was selected to be part of the award winning Lifelong Learning program at the Glen Cove Senior Center. He has presented African music workshops for Jamaica Drum Jam, Bishop Brady High School, and Bedford Youth Performance Center.
An accomplished drummer, Brendan has performed with:
- The Drifters, The Coasters, “Mr. Las Vegas” Tony Tillman, Roger Homefield and many more as a member of the Carnival and Royal Caribbean Orchestras for over 4 years.
- Industrial Band Blush Response
- Kindie Band Key Wilde and Mr. Clarke
- Children’s Group Little Maestros
- Songwriters Jesse Terry and Jonathan Maldonado
Also working as a percussionist Brendan has;
- Performed at the Percussive Arts Society International Convention, the Berklee Performance Center and Beantown Jazz Festival with Marcus Santos and the brazilian percussion group BatukAxe.
- Performed with the JAG West African Drum and Dance troupe.
- Performed with the Boston University Dance Theater Group and worked as a percussionist for Boston University dance classes
An avid entrepreneur, Brendan founded the Long Island City Drum Studio in 2010 to meet the practice needs of performing and teaching drummers in New York City. He runs a successful teaching practice out of the studio and also gives in home drum lessons to students of all ages in NYC and Long Island.